Paying tribute to a certain frog

It's Keroppi's birthday today!
If Keroppi were a real little frog he'd be my age, thirty-six.  He was released in 1988 to celebrate Japan's rainy season that year, and I guess the public liked him.  In 1990 he'd outranked Hello Kitty herself as Sanrio's most popular character, but he's dropped off since then.  Keroppi is one of a set of triplets and has a girlfriend (all their names are a play on the Japanese word for "frog").

Truth be told, if we're gonna do Sanrio, Aggretsuko is my girl.  She's a red panda (I love red pandas), and she's very, VERY relatable.  Retsuko's birthday is Novenber sixth, but I've yet to find a hair bow with her on it.  This New York Times article lists Spottie Dottie and Pandapple as Sanrio's biggest flops, so I'd LOVE to find one of them on a hair bow.  I'll make my own if I have to!  Shame that Spottie Dottie was a flop, because I think she's cute.  Build-A-Bear apparently agreed at one point, as the kawaii pooch was in their lineup.  Pandapple, on the other hand...well, I have to admit that I too find Pandapple underwhelming.  There's nothing wrong with him, really, but he's underwhelming.  He'd still make a cute theme for a hair bow, though.

Froggy love and long live Sanrio,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

Fancy a jellybean?