Fancy a jellybean?

No thanks, I'm good.  I positively loathe jellybeans...unless they're on my hair bow.
Mama hauled off and surprised me with three huge hair bows shortly after the beginning of May.  Two of 'em are patriotic, and the third one is this one, my jellybean bow.  Even though I don't particularly care for jellybeans, I love the colors!  It's a nice big bow too, exactly 7.75 inches across. 
Okay, I lie a little bit about jellybeans.  I'm just VERY.  VERY.  PICKY.  I like the Starburst-brand jellybeans, and certain flavors of Jelly Belly (peach is my favorite).  Peach is just about my favorite anything, LOL.  

Funny story about jellybeans.  After a story got loose in England about George Harrison and his fondness for Jelly Babies (a softer confection that isn't available stateside), well-meaning fans started throwing the sweets at George and the rest of the Beatles.  News travels fast, and when the Beatles started playing American gigs fans threw jellybeans at them assuming that jellybeans were the same as Jelly Babies.  As I said above, Jelly Babies are soft...er, softish?  The Beatles didn't like being hit by them, but as far as I know it didn't hurt too much.  Jellybeans, on the other hand, are hard!  If they're thrown with any force it's like being hit with hailstones!  It got so bad that authorities started ejecting concertgoers who threw candy at the concerts.  The whole goofy story can be found HERE.

And there's more than y'all ever wanted to know about jellybeans and Jelly Babies.  Being American, I have no exposure to the latter, but I'm curious about them.  I hope they're better than jellybeans.  The Fourth Doctor liked them, so they can't be too bad.

Hugs and jellybeans,
RagingMoon1987 

Comments

  1. I like some jelly beans but I prefer Jelly Bellies. And poor Beetles! I am still here, just not great at commenting. But I do read all your posts from both blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize! I remember you saying you had a lot on your plate. Yeah, I wouldn't have been happy either if I'd been pelted with candy while on stage!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever