Colour my world

It's Crayon Day!
It should be no surprise to y'all that I love crayons even now.  When I was very, very little I only had four, in the colors depicted on the bow:  red, blue, yellow, and green.  When I started school I learned that crayons come in many, many other colors, but I digress.  Green was my favorite color as a toddler, and it remains that way now, but for some reason I chose blue earrings to go with the bow.
I think I chose blue because I wear blue jeans every day, and blue jewelry matches blue jeans.  Or that's the way I reasoned back in high school.  But for the record, I do love blue; when one is a Moody Blues fan one tends to gravitate towards blue, and I am indeed a fan, LOL.  Heck, I liked blue BEFORE I could tell Justin Hayward from Justin Timberlake (which isn't hard, as one's old and talented and the other is young and does better on SNL than he does as a singer).  But anyway, I got the blue crayons to go with my bow.  Pity I couldn't find dandelion, which no longer comes in crayon boxes.  It was replaced by...oh my, by another shade of blue, entitled "Bluetiful."  Poor ol' Bluetiful was immediately controversial, as some folks thought the portmanteau of "blue" and "beautiful" encouraged poor spelling and taught "nonwords."  Yeah...no.  When I was a little girl I had a crayon called "Mauvelous," and while I had a hard time learning to spell "marvelous" it wasn't because of a purple hunk of wax!  People will gripe about anything these days!  Thank God my favorite crayon was always plain old green!

Happy Crayon Day!  Find a way to color your own world, even if your favorite color is black, even if the weather is nasty (see my other blog for a discussion on that).  And since I titled this post with a Chicago song, here's a link to that.  I freaking love "Colour My World," by the way; Terry Kath had such a unique voice.  If Chicago's not your thing, Petula Clark may suffice.

Love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

  1. My son's dog had to be put to sleep on Wednesday, so I am not doing well writing comments. But I am still enjoying your bows and the stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, your family can't catch a break! I'm a doggie lover myself, so I send my deepest sympathies to your son.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever