Warm air rises

"The warm air rises.  Clouds form.  Storms develop."  So went a tornado documentary's heavily simplified explanation of thunderstorm development.  Seriously, the narrator said that, and this was a documentary produced by the Weather Channel.  Luckily for some folks, warm air does rise, and if one's got the right equipment one can fly.  Today is Hot Air Balloon Day.  Etsy shop this time is SassySouthernCharm10.
I'm deathly afraid of heights so y'all won't catch me dead on a hot air balloon.  But I do love to look!  They come in all shapes and colors, and a lot of hot air balloon festivals do these things called balloon glows or night glows.  The balloons are held on the ground, but their burners are fired up and they inflate, and since it's night the envelope of the balloon glows.  I love things that glow, so I'd love to attend a night glow.

I guess I could expound on the dangers of hot air balloons in the wrong hands (Luxor, anyone?), but I end too many of these posts on a negative note so I'm just gonna say that hot air balloons are safe in the right hands, and they're fun if you're not afraid of heights.  As I said above I won't go up in one, but I'd love to attend a festival.  So many colors, so many designs, and of course the night glows.  What's not to like?  To my delight Sikeston plans on having a hot air balloon festival this year...or I think they will.  They got hit pretty hard by a tornado during Memorial Day, but last I heard the rodeo grounds weren't damaged.  So I figure the balloon festival is still on.  Too bad I have to work during most of it...and too bad I'm the only one in the family who gives a crap about such things.

Warm love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map