Mods!

Don't worry, I'm not going to start rambling about music again (Mods and Rockers and all that).  It's International Body Piercing Day!
Actually, now that I think of it none of my piercings bled...take that back.  My lower lip did, but only because I sucked on it.  Don't do that to a fresh lip piercing, kids.  It's really dumb.  Anyway, my father was uber-conservative about the way my sister and I looked, and he was 100% against body piercings, even to the point of having more than one piercing in our ears.  After he died, though...oh, Mama lifted that ban in a heartbeat.  Imagine my shock when my sister came traipsing into my college dorm room sporting both a nose piercing AND a navel piercing!  Daddy would've had a stroke, LOL.  Both Mama and Sister admitted that getting both done at the same time was a huge mistake; one piercing tends to send the body into a type of shock due to...well, due to tissue damage and pain.  The body doesn't like that!  But Sister went through with the navel piercing after getting her nose done...and she said she dern near passed out.  The Faces' "Stay With Me" was playing on the piercing parlor's radio at the time, and Sister says she can't hear that song now without seeing colors and remembering the ceiling spinning.

I had my own nose done that following summer (it was 2008, when I barely got a summer).  I had a lot of trouble with infections, but I stubbornly clung onto that piercing and it's still alive and well today.

Next came the lower lip piercing.  I did that...oh mercy, it had to have been 2009 or early 2010.  I remember quipping to my roommate at the time that learning to eat with a bolt through my lip was no picnic.  

As for my ears, I got the lowest one done when I was in second grade, and then the other two were done shortly before I entered college.  The cartilage piercings were done with a gun, and I know now that that's a no-no.  The blunt force of the piercing gun can smash up the cartilage, and I think that may have happened to me a little because my left ear was VERY sore for a long time after I got that piercing done.  Even today it gets tender if I clasp the earring too tightly.  My right ear doesn't do that.

My mom drew the line at a tongue piercing, and I'm more than content to do as she says.  I don't fancy a big raw hole in my tongue, and my best friend added that they're a lot of maintenance.  

Love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map