Dearly departed

This one is a stretch for today, but according to my favorite holiday website, on this day in 1961 Willie Mays became only the fourth MLB player to hit three or more home runs in a season.  Besides, I never need an excuse to wear my baseball skin bow.

Every time I think of our dearly departed friend Willie Mays I get the giggles, because Charlie Brown was a big fan of Mr. Mays.  One day that got him into trouble at school.  LOL, I love the look on his face when he spells the word!

Poor ol' Charlie Brown ended up having to go to the office over that.
If Chuck's principal was anything like mine he probably gave him a stern talking-to and sent him back to class.  My principals weren't the paddle-happiest in the world, though they would do it if it needed to be done.  Or they would in grade school.  By the time I got to high school and desperately NEEDED a paddling they didn't do it.  Hell, I even asked them why they couldn't just paddle me and send me back to class (I was facing two days of in-school suspension for smarting off one too many times to a teacher).  Nope, couldn't take the swats.  But anyway, given that Charlie Brown was still joking about Willie Mays outside his principal's office, I presume that all he was going to get was a lecture.  

LOL, I wonder what Willie Mays thought of being in a Peanuts strip???  Probably he thought it was a riot; most folks didn't mind being mentioned in Peanuts, harmless as the strip was.

Rest in peace, Willie Mays!  Maybe now you and Charles Schulz are having a laugh up in Heaven.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map