Cicada pride!

It's summer, unofficially.  It's Pride Month.  It's cicada season.  Cicada season means that my silk cicada clip is making a reappearance.  Etsy shop is TarnavskayaStudio.
Yeah, June is Pride Month.  While I am on the rainbow spectrum I usually avoid taking part in pride events for reasons that I discussed last October.  That said, there is a pride event that I can get behind 100%...and it ain't asexual pride.  This shirt came from DeepFriedBits.
Cicada pride, baby!  I freaking love these guys, and this year two particularly big broods are supposed to take over local trees.  Brood 19 is a large horde of 13-year cicadas, and Brood 13 is a similarly large band of 17-year cicadas, and they're BOTH supposed to be hatching this year.  Periodical cicadas look like this, with a dark body and red eyes.  I've never seen one in real life.
Brood 19 and Brood 13 will be joined by our usual annual cicadas, with which I am VERY familiar.  These...I think these tie with praying mantises as my favorite insect.
The treetops are gonna be noisy, kiddies!  Never mind, I've always loved the racket that cicadas make.

Buzzy love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map