Another one for the peanuts

Yep, that's "peanuts" with a lowercase P.  I love Peanuts too, but today is Peanut Butter Cookie Day.  I don't have a bow with a peanut butter cookie on it, but I've got the one with the peanut on it!  Etsy shop is HandmadebyRileyRose.
Goodness, how delicious!  Eating goober peas!  LOL, I've probably mentioned before that Daddy was a historian, and sometimes he'd play cassette tapes of Civil War-era songs.  Mama hated it, but I...I actually liked it.  "Eatin' Goober Peas" was one of my favorites because it was about a subject I could relate to.  Goober peas are peanuts, of course, and towards the end of the Civil War they were pretty much all residents of the south had to eat.  I like peanuts, but I think that after a week of 'em I'd get kinda sick of it.  My poor brother-in-law would be up a creek!

Peanuts also factored heavily into a book that Mama read to us when we were kids.  The book was entitled Br'er Rabbit and his Friends, and because it was Disney-themed it was probably based off of part of Song of the South.  The book opened with Br'er Fox in a funk because Br'er Rabbit had stolen part of his peanut crop.  It ended with Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear about to maul the thunder out of each other.  Br'er Bear' was twice Br'er Fox's size AND he had a club, but Br'er Fox wasn't backing down.  And where was Br'er Rabbit while this was happening?  He was "off to get the rest of the peanuts."  Mama loved that part!

Love and goober peas,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map