Can you hear me, Major Tom?

International Space Day.  Etsy shop is MoFunAccessories.
I've always maintained a vague interest in space travel and study, but nothing too serious.  Mama, on the other hand, wonders how much tax money the country has spent on such shenanigans, and I have to admit she has a point.  I also have to wonder:  have we learned anything of use from our studies of space?  Have we gained anything besides pretty images of nebulae and Saturn and that?  The answer is probably yes, but I'm dumb and naive so I wouldn't know.  I could give you statistics about who all has died during our explorations of the wild blue yonder, but that's about it.  Don't read about Valentin Bondarenko unless your gut's pretty strong, by the way.  His fate was nearly identical to that of the Apollo 1 crew, but he lived for several hours in excruciating pain.  If the damn commies had been honest about Bondarenko's death then the Apollo 1 disaster might've been averted...but hey, it was the Cold War.  The Russian public wasn't even told the truth.

I'm also fascinated by the possibility of other deaths that we the people weren't told about.  Conspiracy theories abound regarding lost cosmonauts that are still unreported, and while they're merely theories and said theories have large holes in them, I think it's possible that at least one person may have ended up like poor Major Tom.  As I said back in April, we common mortals don't know, likely never will know, because our governments flat-out lie to us on a regular basis.

Jeez, have ALL my posts this week had this cynical undertone?  <pauses to look>  Yep, they have.  I need to lighten up.  It's been a good week so far.

Starry love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

Colour my world