Ho, ho, ho!

Today is, among other goofy holidays, Pretend to Be a Time Traveller Day, but I think I'll leave the TARDIS bow at home and stick with the season.  Even if it's way warmer than it should be.  Seriously, I'm in short sleeves and flip-flops.

Santa Claus!  Or a Santa Claus theme.  This is another one that Mama got for me...gosh, it was clean back in the spring, right at the "clove of the seasons," as I often say on my doll blog.  Y'all probably know that irritating cusp between winter and spring, where it's cold at the beginning of the day and too warm for long sleeves at the end, where the flowers are taking leaf but the ants aren't out yet.  I've learned that when we have a warm snap but the ants don't come out, we're gonna have at least one more cold snap.  Ants are smart like that; they do what God and their puny little brains tell them to, and we don't, and we often pay for it.  ANYWAY, it was a day like that when Mama handed me this Santa Claus bow and another with a snowman theme, saying that they'd be perfect for winter's then-distant but inevitable return.

I admit that I was solidly eleven years old before I finally learned that Santa Claus was Mama and Daddy.  They were incredibly gentle about it, and I got over it quickly, and then I got to help play Santa Claus for my sister!  Sister was smarter than I was, and she caught on fairly early that Santa Claus was a fairy tale, but even now when we buy gifts for each other we call it "playin' 'Santa Claus.'"  On the other hand, good ol' Saint Nick WAS a real person, and I love that.  Saint Nicholas' Day was actually a couple'a days ago, and one of my mom's Catholic friends decorated a table to commemorate, even though her kids are grown.  Saint Nicholas existed so long ago that not a lot is actually known about him, but boy, do I love the traditions!

Holly jolly,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

Colour my world