Not more ice cream!

I refer y'all to my post yesterday for my opinions on ice cream.  I love the stuff, but it doesn't love me anymore.  But today is National Ice Cream Sundae day, right on the heels of Strawberry Sundae Day.  What can I say, July is National Ice Cream Month.  Thus I finally get an opportunity to wear this.
This is the last of my bows from AMWBowtique...for now, at least.  As I've said several times before, the proprietor does have a new shop where she sells things, so I probably am not done with this crew.  I've always loved the little figurine on this bow, by the way.
Those eyes are inset, y'all!  They are not painted.  I don't have anything against painted eyes, but when the eyes are inset and this straight, it shows someone gave a crap about the quality of their product.

Now...regarding ice cream, I think I conjectured yesterday that I've developed a mild sensitivity to milk products, since milk and ice cream tend to sit on my stomach like a brick.  On the other hand, cheese and sour cream do not.  We all have our own tastes, but I personally could take a spoon and eat a whole tub of sour cream.  The same is true of cottage cheese, LOL.  So maybe there's something else about plain old milk and about ice cream that my body can't take like it could.  Sigh...food sensitivities and allergies bite, don't they?  My brother-in-law is wildly allergic to peanuts, while my sister has developed an allergy to radishes (something she LOVES).  Before the end of her life one of my great-aunts developed an allergy to fish, and again she loved fish.  She tended to be an old harridan at times, but I felt sorry for her.  If I couldn't eat something that I loved I'd be a harridan too.  And she was very kind to us kids.  She just showed it in a different way.  "Stand up straight, get your hair out of your eyes, and act like you're worth something" was her way of saying "I love you."  She could eat ice cream with no ill effects, by the way.

Despite my wimpy tummy I do like ice cream in moderation.  My favorite flavors are the elusive butter pecan, plain old chocolate, and plain old chocolate's equally delicious variant, rocky road.  I like Neapolitan too, the kind that comes in three flavors.  When I was a little girl Mama would tear the end of the carton off and slice off a slab of Neapolitan like it was a piece of cake.  That way we'd all get equal portions of all three flavors.  It was heavenly.  As for butter pecan, we had that during very special occasions when I was a little girl.  Daddy hated the stuff, so he'd buy a carton of butter pecan for us girls, and he'd get a smaller thing of cherry vanilla for himself (he was the only one who liked that flavor).  For some weird reason butter pecan has become difficult to find, at least in my neck of the woods.  Indeed, I haven't had the stuff since Ryan's was still a thing.  Too bad too, because that's my all-time favorite flavor.

Do any of y'all have a favorite flavor of ice cream?  Or does it make you sick, like it does to me in large amounts?

Sweet blessings,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever

Colour my world