The Marauder's Map

Story time.  When I was a freshman in high school I had a friend who turned out not to be so great a friend after all.  We hung out together because our mothers were both teachers and because we both claimed to be holier than thou.  And because we were holier than thou, we were above the witchcraft and wizardry that was Harry Potter.  Not too long after she'd led me to believe the books were satanic, she spread a rumor that I was suicidal and that was the end of that "friendship."  My opinions on everything changed, but by that time I was too disgusted with life to even try the books I'd deemed evil, so I didn't read the Harry Potter series until I was about twenty-nine or so.

Now the painful time that was my freshman year is far behind me, though the memories do still sting.  I learned some valuable lessons and figured out who my real friends were, so it wasn't all bad.  I've stuck to my guns regarding my religious faith, but I also remembered that books are supposed to be a pleasure to read, so when I finally read Harry Potter I enjoyed it.  Not as much as I liked Percy Jackson, mind y'all, but I had fun.  So when I saw this bow depicting the Marauder's Map I had to have it.  Etsy shop is AminaCrafts.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!  I don't often wear this bow because the fabric is stiffened and the tails don't like to lay neatly over my ponytail, but it's a good bow.  The fabric is sparkly. 

As usual there's a story behind this one.  I was returning to work after going to fetch the mail.  The only people there were Mama, a girl I went to school with, and me.  As I unveiled my newest bow I softly read aloud "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."  My friend giggled and said "I recognize that!"  I didn't think she'd heard me!  My friend and I began a discussion on the books versus the movies, and which house we belonged to (I'm a Hufflepuff, she was a Gryffindor).  She freaked out when I told her my sister is a loud and proud Slytherin.  The whole while my mother shook her head and said "I have no idea what you two are talking about!"  Good times, man, good times.

Cheers,
RagingMoon1987 

Comments

  1. I didn't find Harry Potter till TJ was old enough to read it, but I still enjoyed it. I read a lot of similar type books when I was a kid. Although by my teens, I was reading the Star Trek Original Series books by pocket books. I have a feeling I would be a Huffinclytherin. I think I would be hard to pinpoint - hat stall! lol I love the bow and I am enjoying seeing them all as well as the stories behind them. Sorry about your friend, I had one of those through junior high and high school because I was too stupid to realize she wasn't really my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and learn, unfortunately. Not everything you learn at school comes out of a book. LOL, I won't knock Star Trek; I dabble in a little sci-fi myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let freedom ring

Pac-Man fever