The night Chicago died

I don't have any bows with flames on them, and that's too bad because there are days when they'd do very well.  I was, however, able to root out a Halloween bow...sort of.
Today is the anniversary of several historic fires, all of which are believed to be connected.  On this night in 1871 Chicago burned, Peshtigo, Wisconsin burned, Port Huron, Michigan burned, and a large chunk of Michigan's inner Lower Peninsula burned.  The damage was horrendous, of course, and the death toll was even worse.  At least three hundred died in Chicago, over five hundred died in Michigan, and between one and two thousand died in and around Peshtigo.  Yep, one to two thousand, up there with other disasters like the Johnstown flood and the Okeechobee hurricane, and yet few have heard of the Peshtigo fire because good ol' Chicago burned the same night.  What all that has to do with Stephen King and IT I'll never know, but I managed to kill a little time.

I'm not Stephen King's biggest fan, by the way.  The guy tells a good story, but he's so cotton-pickin' wordy!

Floaty love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spoke too soon!

Pac-Man fever

The Marauder's Map