Mmmm...

Lemonade Day!
Lemonade is better even that Kool-Aid, at least in my book.  My best friend in high school would've begged to differ.  She's the only person I knew personally who didn't like lemonade.  

To each their own, right?  I even know of one case where a dislike of lemonade saved a woman's life, though in the end she probably wished she had died with everyone else.  Her name was Sandy Johnson, and she was the presumed target of Steven Roy Harper.  Harper and Johnson had dated and broken up, Harper wanted to get back at Johnson, and Harper just happened to work at a cancer research center.  He purloined a bottle of a chemical that induces liver cancer, busted into Johnson's house while no one was home, and poured the chemical into some lemonade.  The chemical, DMN, has no taste, smell, or distinct color, so no one suspected a thing.  As it turned out, Sandy Johnson didn't like lemonade and thus never took the bait...but most of her family did.  Sandy's husband died, as did her baby nephewHer sister and daughter were severely poisoned and ultimately died young of liver disease.  Her brother-in-law drank himself to death.  So that family was pretty well annihilated.  As for Steven Roy Harper, he was caught, convicted, and sentenced to the chair, but he committed suicide before they could strap him in.  The murder-by-DMN case is covered in the Forensic Files episode "Without a Trace."  I can't find the source that mentions the deaths of Sallie Shelton and Sherri Johnson, but I did read that they died prematurely after the episode of Forensic Files aired.  I don't know what became of Sandy.

Well!  That post certainly took a dark turn!  Enjoy some lemonade today, and don't get any ideas about spiking the stuff!

Love,
RagingMoon1987

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I spoke too soon!

Colour my world

Pac-Man fever